Participants' mood

Participants' mood

by Joanna Bonvin -
Number of replies: 1

Hello and thank you for your lively presentation. I really enjoyed it. 

I was wondering if you had feedbacks from the participants at the end of the presentation. I took part in the 2 hours of luggage screening last year and i wasn't really in my best mood in the end because i found it a bit repetitive. Did you thought about measuring the emotions/feelings before and after the task? 

Thank you for your answer :)) 

In reply to Joanna Bonvin

Re: Participants' mood

by Louise Colette Marie Rossier -
Hello !

Thank you for your interest :) !

Yes, we asked participants before and after the experiment and before and after each experimental blocks in the main test their feeling of boredom and fatigue, but these items were unique questions about their level of fatigue and boredom. We do not have take into account more general aspects like negativity or bad mood.

Léa who tested boredom has found significant differences between the beginning of the experiment and the end, suggesting that participants (if we simplify it a bit) should be in less good mood at the end, like when you came to do it last year. Moreover, with the results found for task engagement, it can be hypothesized that other negative emotions were reflected in this "disengagement".
Martin also has found significants results about anxiety ! If you want more details, maybe you should ask them about it.

I hope I've answered your question.

Have a nice day !