Data-Safety during change to DRAFT in ongoing project

Data-Safety during change to DRAFT in ongoing project

par Natascha Barbara Stoffel,
Nombre de réponses : 1

Hi - My question concerns the project with PID 121 on redcapmed.unifr.ch, that is already in PRODUCTION mode and currently in use for data collection.

This also means, multiple surveys have been scheduled or been sent out to participants to fill out some questionnaires.

Now, I would have a small change to do on one of the instruments, meaning I'd have to put our project on DRAFT MODE again. My question is whether that would pose a problem for ongoing survey invitations or data storage when they fill out the questionnaire. For example, if by chance a participant fills out the questionnaires at the same time via their survey link, as I am still on DRAFT MODE - will that be a problem to save the data and keep them safe when going back to PRODUCTION MODE? 

Thanks so much for the kind help and support!

146 mots

En réponse à Natascha Barbara Stoffel

Re: Data-Safety during change to DRAFT in ongoing project

par Corentin Aurèle Wicht,
Dear Natascha,

There is a difference between the DEVELOPMENT mode (When you are initially setting up your database, before going into PRODUCTION) and the DRAFT MODE (which is only accessible after moving to PRODUCTION).

As such, the DRAFT MODE is a limited edition mode for a project in PRODUCTION which will not impact data collection. You could see it as a "parallel branch" to which you can make minimal changes and which will be merge into the main project when we (admins) approve the changes.

In short, data collection from your surveys will not be impacted and you will not lose any data while you are submitting your changes in DRAFT mode.

Best,

C.

114 mots