Sensitive data presentation

Sensitive data presentation

par Clara Podmore,
Nombre de réponses : 1

For a medical project, I would like flagged variables, including names, DDB and study ID to be listed when I open my project, so that I can easily identify the correct study participant. However, I would like these flagged data to be in a separate dataset from the main dataset which I will download from Redcap. Is this technically possible?

60 mots

En réponse à Clara Podmore

Re: Sensitive data presentation

par Corentin Aurèle Wicht,

Dear Clara,

If I understand correctly the first part of your question, you'd like to add selected variables to your  (to make them visible)? If yes, then head to then under "Enable optional modules and customizations" click on . Activate the corresponding feature and then provide a "Custom Record Label" such as: [sociodem_pid]_[sociodem_prenom] [sociodem_nom]_[sociodem_dob].

Regarding the export of "Identifying fields" (what you called "flagged data"), I see two steps here:

1.  Make sure that adjust user privileges that should not be able to see these fields when exporting data by going to . Then click on the corresponding user role (e.g., ) and for each instrument select whether the data should be de-identified or if identifying fields should be removed:

2. You could create a custom "Report" dedicated to containing the identifying fields. For that purpose, head to , then under "Selected instruments" click on . Highlight the instrument(s) that contain(s) the identifying fields and click on . There you can keep only the identifying field (though you will have to identify them manually) and even restrict access to this report only to your or a handful of study personnel.

If anything is unclear, do not hesitate to contact us by email and we will setup a Teams meeting to guide you through the process.

Best,

C.

215 mots